YES, Choir is back on in 2021
We’re very pleased that singing together in choir situations is now deemed a low-risk activity [after >40,00 State of Origin footy fans barracking at Lang Park in Nov 2020 didn’t negatively impact community health].
Term 1 starts Thursday 4 February, and ends Thursday April 1 2021 (the day before Easter Friday).
This term we are very pleased to have as our music director Jacqueline Larsen, who started conducting choirs 20 years ago in the UK. She is now very well known for her Soul Song choirs, excellent choices of music (funky pop, and soul), and sense of fun.
We may revisit some of our existing songs, but will definitely be learning news ones from Jaqueline’s song book. This term she will also be preparing us to be part of the Queensland Music Festival 2021 “Absolutely Everybody” event.
While COVID-19 is still a concern, we’ll continue to be mindful of each other’s health and wellbeing by:
- Providing additional hygiene measures including providing hand sanitisers, soap and paper hand towels, for use on arrival and as needed;
- Organising use of the hall enabling us all extra space for ‘social-distancing’, rather than our usual practice room;
- Taking care when handling shared objects such as furniture, refreshments etc;
- Staying home when we don’t feel well.
Future choir plans
We enjoy performing and so are planning for future opportunities. This is what’s (hopefully) in store for our year:
- ANZAC DAY: Sunday 25 April 2021
- Queensland Music Festival large vocal ensemble “Absolutely Everybody“: 15 May 2021
- Term 2: Thursdays 22 April – 24 June 2021
- Term 3: Thursdays 15 July – 16 September 2021
- Term 4: Thursdays 7 October – 9 December 2021
- Xmas concert: early December 2021
To everyone, we look forward to singing together.
Gabi, Kathy, Maria, Peta, Renee.
Christmas performances a success!
Friday 5 – 7pm 6 December 2019 – We were thrilled to be invited to sing at the Moorooka Lion’s Christmas Lights event. Despite the wild winds we entertained locals with the kids bopping away and locals joining in with a few of our most popular carols.
Sunday 2 – 4pm 8 December 2019 – We had a terrific time singing a full house for our Christmas Concert and drought fund raiser. Thank you to support from the Lord Mayor’s Community Development fund, local Councillor Steve Griffiths and Ward Office staff, The CAGE Ukulele Group and New Voices Choir.
And thanks to the generosity of all who attended, we raised $1400 for the Queensland Country Women’s Association Disaster Relief Fund.
Download our Christmas flyer
We have a new Choir Leader
Erin Murphy. The choir is looking forward to working with Erin as she leads us in a new direction. We were sad to see Robert Dryden, our previous Choir leader move on to other things. But he has given so much to the choir in terms of nurturing us and making choir nights so much fun.
The choir is always changing and evolving. COME JOIN US!